This 2-Day advanced topics training provides EMDR therapists an innovative conceptualization of addiction and effective interventions. Participants will gain skills through case conceptualization and three (3) practicums for treating addiction with EMDR Therapy. Support and treatment insights for application of model and working with difficult cases are provided throughout the training.
This Advanced Topics presentation provides therapists trained in EMDR the basic working tenants of the addiction as dissociation model including:
- A different lens through which to conceptualize addiction that can help diffuse much of the cultural bias around addiction and fight stigma
- A trauma-focused approach to treating addiction
- Application of model for common barriers in addiction treatment
In partnership with Institute for Creative Mindfulness, an approved EMDRIA training provider
This presentation will be recorded for an on-demand presentation.
When: Wednesday's - 2/3/21 and 2/17/21
Time: 8:30-4:30pm EST (Registration opens at 8)
In Btw consultation options: 250$ (2-hour) or 350$ (4-hour)
See HERE for more details about the consultations.
13 EMDRIA CE included
R. Cassidy co-sponsored (40$ extra) 13 CE: HERE
buy an essay paper PHYSICAL ADDRESS
160 Loomis Road
Chatham, N.Y. 12037
w/ 2-hour consultation (2/10/21 12-2 EST): HERE
w/ 4-hour consultation (2/13/21 9-1 EST): HERE
Online details will be emailed out a few weeks ahead of training. Google Meet/Classroom will be the platform.
The training involves some lecture, demonstrations, and orientation to your clients. This is very much an experiential training. As a part of the learning process, practicing the interventions with other participants and to be practiced on is to be expected.
MUST BE FULLY TRAINED IN EMDR.
Contact Adam at email@example.com
Advanced Topic Description
This advanced topics training provides therapists trained in EMDR an innovative conceptualization of addiction and effective interventions for addiction treatment. By utilizing the Addiction as Dissociation Model, the material reduces the stigma often present towards people struggling with addiction. Further, participants gain skills training through case conceptualization and three (3) practicums for treating addiction with EMDR Therapy. Support and treatment insights for application of model and for working with difficult cases are provided throughout the training. The presentation is fully compliant with the Standard 8-Phase Protocol and the Adaptive Informational Processing Model (AIP) as written by Dr. Francine Shapiro.
Applications to case conceptualization, addressing underlying shame, and addiction memory with EMDR Therapy are performed in three practicums. Decision-making insights derived from the presenters’ experience as a clinician and EMDRIA Approved Consultant, in the scope of the Addiction as Dissociation and the AIP models, also provided. This presentation gives EMDR therapists a different lens through which to conceptualize addiction that can hopefully diffuse much of the cultural bias around addiction. By conceptualizing addiction through the lens of dissociation/complex trauma, this presentation makes steps forward in helping to destigmatize attitudes toward people struggling with addiction.
"This training fills in the gaps for treating addiction!"
Emily Campbell LCSW, AASW
(1) To describe and discuss the basic tenets of the Addiction Dissociation Model
(2) Describe the application of the Addiction as Dissociation Model to the treatment of addiction with EMDR Therapy.
(3) List at least five (5) ways that addiction relates to trauma and dissociation symptomology and assessing dissociation in the addicted population.
(4) Demonstrate the following three (3) skill sets:
a. dissociative meeting area with addiction population
b. shame shape and color set-up
c. desensitizing and reprocessing addiction memory
(5) Explore shames role in addiction and trauma presentations to increase client motivation and decrease shame-based blocks to treatment.
(6) Name five (5) cognitive interweaves that can be applied during feedback looping when reprocessing in addiction treatment.
(7) Utilize Resource Development Installation to improve preparation phase and
(8) Incorporate future templates and re-evaluation phase to enhance treatment with aspects of parts.
(9) Incorporate Addiction as Dissociation Model for treatment intensives aspects of recovery, harm reduction, and psychedelic integration into the 8-phase protocol of EMDR Therapy.
buying paper online Day 1
8:30 - 9:30 – EMDR Therapy and AIP model - Foundational aspects of trauma, dissociation, and addiction. Assessment in Addiction Treatment. Phases 1 - 3
9:30 - 9:45 – Break
9:45 - 11 – Case formulation and Parts work: Floatbacks and taking a thematic client history. Dissociative Meeting Area with Case Conceptualization Demo and Debriefing. Phases 1-3
11 - 12 – Supervised Practicum of Dissociative Meeting Area
12 - 1 – Lunch
1 - 1:30 – Shame Psycho-education
1:30 - 2:45–Addressing Toxic Shame: Shape and Color Demo and Debriefing Phase 4-7
2:45 - 3 – Break
3 - 4:30 – Supervised Practicum of Toxic Shame: Shape and Color
david foster 3 themes Day 2
8:30 - 9:30 –Advanced aspects of trauma, dissociation, addiction, and recovery with memory reconsolidation.
9:30-9:45 – Break
9:45 - 10:30 –Addiction Memory Demo and Debriefing Phase 4-7
10:30 - 12 – Supervised Practicum of Addiction Memory
12 - 1 – Lunch
1-2:30 – Review and RDI, Future Templates, and Re-evaluation Phase 8
2:30 - 2:45 – Break
2:45 - 4:30 – EMDR Therapy and Intensives, Recovery, Harm Reduction, and Psychedelic Integration Services.
go here Training Location and Details
- Our setting is at 160 Loomis Road Chatham NY 12037 in rural Columbia County. This is at our Home Office so there is more information that you would need before you arrive.
- Parking is available. There will be someone to direct you where to park.
- Please bring indoor shoes/slippers if desired. We ask that you take off your shoes.
- We are not able to accommodate everyone but we are able to make most accommodations.
- Feel free to bring snacks and beverages. Coffee, tea, hot water, and water are available. Lunch is not provided. Downtown Chatham is only a 5-minute drive.
- Microwave, stovetop, and fridge are available and accessible.
- No access to public transportation.
- Cell service is sometimes limited depending on your cellular carrier. Verizon works the best. Free Wifi is available.
- Please be mindful of wearing strong fragrances, as others may have a sensitivity to them.
- We burn wood for heat so if you have an adversity to fire please let us know.
- *Special accommedations will be made for COVID-19. Details will be provided closer to the day of the event.*
From 90, take the Taconic southbound down to Exit 99 (Chatham - Rt. 203) Head East on Rt. 203 and take the immediate left after North Bound Taconic onto South Cross Road. Then take South Cross Road to Loomis Road (First right).
We are at the top of the hill of Loomis Road on the right and there is a black mailbox and a rock marked 160.
good people story Hotels (All listed prices are season dependent)
Airbnb is an option
admissions essay help Cheapest and closest ($60-80 and only miles away)
college admission essay help Corporate ($85-150 and 12-20 miles away)
purchase essays online Hudson ($100-200 and 12 miles away)
check my writing for plagiarism BnB and Inns ($100-300)
If all training seats are filled, we will keep a waiting list. Refunds for training fees are only available from cancellations submitted in writing http://davidbrownworldwide.com/?essa=scholarship-essay-writing-service two weeks or more prior to the training. If you cancel within two weeks of the training, you will be refunded half of your tuition, and the balance can be applied to a future training. Only medically documented illness or family deaths are considered as exceptions to this policy. No-shows are not eligible for refunds. *** There is a $50 charge for all credit card returns or cancelations.
Adam O'Brien LMHC, CASAC
here Adam O’Brien LMHC, CASAC is an EMDRIA certified EMDR therapist, Approved Consultant, and EMDR trainer. He is also a Ph.D. candidate in Addiction Studies. He specializes in providing these trauma resolution therapies and trauma-focused treatment for a variety of populations and is certified in Brainspotting and trained in Progressive Counting and Deep Brain Re-orienting. Adam is beginning his public presentations on Addiction as Dissociation Model.