Adam O’Brien is an Approved Brainspotting Consultant and Certified Brainspotting Therapist. He is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor in New York State. He is located in Chatham (Albany/Hudson area) where he maintains a private practice. He has experience working with addictions (chemical and behavioral), C-PTSD, dissociative disorders (DDNOS and DID), domestic violence, victims of crime, first responders, veterans, children, adolescents, and adults. Adam has regularly been doing trauma resolution “Intensives” sessions and is an excellent resource on this up and coming therapy service. He has agency, EAP, intensive outpatient, community-based settings, and residential experience. He specializes in preverbal, intergenerational, historical/cultural, medical, spiritual abuse, psychedelic integration, and harm reduction. He also has excellent experience with 12-steps, recovery, integrative medicine, loss, anger, and adoption. He is well-versed in Ego State Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Psychedelic Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Progressive Counting (PC), Deep Brain Reorienting (DBR), Certified Expressive Arts Therapist, and certified, Approved Consultant, and Trainer in EMDR.
Contact me directly at: [email protected]
*For those looking for a letter of recommendation (LOR) for certification, you must complete an agreement and do at least individual consultation sessions with me in order to get a LOR. Send me an email and let me know a little bit more about your BSP journey… i.e., where you were trained, how long you have been practicing, population, setting… Also, let me know what your typical availability during the week is, time zone, and I will see what I can do. *
Individual Consulting: 1 Hour Individual – 125$ an hour 1-hour BSP Individual Consult
Wanting to become BSP CERTIFIED? For reference, HERE is an agreement that I use. Email me about my availability.
Complementary Certification Course with all the resources you will ever need! Access HERE
1. Consultees are expected to come prepared to ask questions about BSP therapy phases, protocols, neuroexperiential model, and/or present case material with specific questions for consultation.
2. Please use the case consultation form for guidance on presenting cases, and have this form completed prior to the start of the consultation.
3. Do not include any information that will identify the case(s) you are presenting.
4. If you miss any portion of the scheduled group, you may schedule an individual time to make up the hours as Adam’s schedule allows (for an additional fee)
5. Consultation is not supervision. Consultation focuses on mastery of standard BSP therapy and integrating BSP into your practice. You are responsible for the therapeutic relationship with your clients and competency in the modalities you offer. As a consultant, I do not hold liability for how you practice.
6. 48-hrs notice is required for cancellation, or you may be charged in full.
7. Arriving a couple of minutes late is permissible but after 5 – 10 minutes your time will be reduced by how late you are. You will have to make it up individually.