Mutual Arising Mental Health Counseling, PLLC is proud to be presenting Dr. Jamie Marich and her Institute for Creative Mindfulness (ICM) curriculum for EMDRIA Approved EMDR Therapy. Click HERE to be linked to ICM.
Discovered by Dr. Francine Shapiro, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is one of the most researched and utilized methods in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other forms of human distress connected to trauma. Completing our full training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) is a multi-tiered process of which this three-day training is your first part. This presentation offers special consideration for Addiction and Dissociation populations. In-house trainings are also available. Contact to explore options.
Part I Training (3 Days = 21 total hours of Lecture and Practicum): Covers the basics of trauma, the adaptive information processing model, trauma-informed stabilization, and the methodology and mechanisms of action used in EMDR Therapy. You will be able to practice EMDR Therapy with certain cases after completion of Part I.
Part II Training: (3 Days = 21 total hours of Lecture and Practicum): Enhanced practicum content, covering best practices for using EMDR Therapy with special populations and in the complex scenarios of clinical practice; advanced content on ethics, neurobiology, and case conceptualization.
10 Hours of Consultation with an EMDRIA-approved consultant on our ICM team. Click HERE to view. Completion of consultation is required before a Certificate of Training in EMDR Therapy can be awarded.
Successful completion of this program constitutes the completion of a Training Program in EMDR and allows you to practice EMDR Therapy within your clinical scope of practice. Earning the EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist distinction requires additional training and consultation that you can complete with us or another party if you wish to go on for this distinction.
When: 4/17/20-4/19/20 (Part 1) and 9/18/20-9/20/20 (Part 2)
Time: Each day is 8-4:30pm (Registration opens at 7:30am)
Fees: $600 for Part 1. (Register by paying HERE)
CE's are Included. Textbook included.
CE Information available soon.
Space is limited to 10 total participants. We maintain a low attendee-to-faculty ratio (10:1 for practicum), so payment is required at the time of registration to confirm your spot.
If all training seats are filled, we will keep a waiting list. Refunds for training fees are only available from cancellations submitted in writing two weeks or more prior to the training. If you cancel within two weeks of the training, you will be refunded half of your tuition, and the balance can be applied to a future training. Only medically documented illness or family deaths are considered as exceptions to this policy. No-shows are not eligible for refunds.
The training involves some lecture, demonstrations, and practice with your clients. This is very much an experiential training. As a part of the learning process, practicing the interventions with other participants and to be practiced on is to be expected.
Training Location and Details
- Our setting is at 160 Loomis Road Chatham NY 12037 in rural Columbia County. This is at our Home Office so there is more information that you would need before you arrive.
- Parking is available. There will be someone to direct you where to park.
- Please bring indoor shoes/slippers if desired. We ask that you take off your shoes.
- We are not able to accommodate everyone but we are able to make most accommodations.
- Feel free to bring snacks and beverages. Coffee, tea, hot water, and water are available. Lunch is not provided. Downtown Chatham is only a 5-minute drive.
- Microwave, stovetop, and fridge are available and accessible.
- No access to public transportation.
- Cell service is sometimes limited depending on your cellular carrier. Verizon works the best. Free Wifi is available.
- Please be mindful of wearing strong fragrances, as others may have a sensitivity to them.
- We burn wood for heat so if you have an adversity to fire please let us know.
From 90, take the Taconic southbound down to Exit 99 (Chatham - Rt. 203) Head East on Rt. 203 and take the immediate left after North Bound Taconic onto South Cross Road. Then take South Cross Road to Loomis Road (First right).
We are at the top of the hill of Loomis Road on the right and there is a black mailbox and a rock marked 160.
Hotels (All listed prices are season dependent)
Airbnb is a great local option
Cheapest and closest ($60-80 and only miles away)
Corporate ($85-150 and 12-20 miles away)
Hudson ($100-200 and 12 miles away)
BnB and Inns ($100-300)