Mutual Arising Mental Health Counseling, PLLC is proud to be presenting Dr. Jamie Marich and her Institute for Creative Mindfulness (ICM) curriculum for EMDRIA Approved EMDR Therapy. Provider #: 10002-104
This is a EMDR foundational training with special considerations for addiction and mental health clinicians. Elements of Addiction as Dissociation Model (which includes how addiction presents in all mental health disorders) developed by Adam O'Brien and Dr. Jamie Marich are infused within this foundational training.
Discovered by Dr. Francine Shapiro, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is one of the most researched and utilized methods in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other forms of human distress connected to trauma. Completing our full training approved by the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) is a multi-tiered process of which this three-day training is your first part. Link to course description: HERE This presentation offers special consideration for Addiction and Dissociation populations. In-house trainings are also available. Contact to explore options.
Part I Training (3 Days = 21 total hours of Lecture and Practicum): Covers the basics of trauma, the adaptive information processing model, trauma-informed stabilization, and the methodology and mechanisms of action used in EMDR Therapy. You will be able to practice EMDR Therapy with certain cases after completion of Part I.
Part II Training: (3 Days = 21 total hours of Lecture and Practicum): Enhanced practicum content, covering best practices for using EMDR Therapy with special populations and in the complex scenarios of clinical practice; advanced content on ethics, neurobiology, and case conceptualization.
10 Hours of Consultation (not included in the part 1 and part 2 price) with Adam O'Brien or an EMDRIA Consultant on our ICM team. Click HERE to view. Completion of consultation is required before a Certificate of Training in EMDR Therapy can be awarded.
Successful completion of this program constitutes the completion of a Training Program in EMDR and allows you to practice EMDR Therapy within your clinical scope of practice. Earning the EMDRIA Certified EMDR Therapist distinction requires additional training and consultation that you can complete with us or another party if you wish to go on for this distinction.
When: TBA Check out ICM for online options: HERE
Time: Each day is 8-4:30pm (Registration opens at 7:30am)
*Trainings and Consultation Package: (includes Part 1 and Part 2 plus 10 hours of group consultation*): Early bird rate: $1,650 (Register by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org) Full rate: 1,850.
Basic Option: $1,350 for Part 1 and Part 2. (Register by emailing: email@example.com) Full rate: 1,550. (10-hours of consultations NOT included.)
*If you attended last year and want to complete your training with part 2, please contact me to sign up.*
CE's are included (Pending). Textbook included.
*These consultations have to be completed with Adam O'Brien and can be completed with *Addiction as Dissociation* Speciality Group Consultation. See HERE for more details.
Space is limited to 10 total participants. We maintain a low attendee-to-faculty ratio (10:1 for practicum), so payment is required at the time of registration to confirm your spot.
If all training seats are filled, we will keep a waiting list. Refunds for training fees are only available from cancellations submitted in writing two weeks or more prior to the training. If you cancel within two weeks of the training, you will be refunded half of your tuition, and the balance can be applied to a future training. Only medically documented illness or family deaths are considered as exceptions to this policy. No-shows are not eligible for refunds. There is an additional 50$ fee for all returns.
This is very much an experiential training. As a part of the learning process, practicing the interventions with other participants and to be practiced on is to be expected.
***COVID Considerations: Training will be held completely outside. Please wear a mask. Please bring a comfortable outdoor chair. CDC regulations will be followed.***
Training Location and Details
- Our setting is at 160 Loomis Road Chatham NY 12037 in rural Columbia County. This is at our Home Office so there is more information that you would need before you arrive.
- Parking is available. There will be someone to direct you where to park.
- Please bring indoor shoes/slippers if desired. We ask that you take off your shoes.
- We are not able to accommodate everyone but we are able to make most accommodations.
- Feel free to bring snacks and beverages. Coffee, tea, hot water, and water are available. Lunch is not provided. Downtown Chatham is only a 5-minute drive.
- Microwave, stovetop, and fridge are available and accessible.
- No access to public transportation.
- Cell service is sometimes limited depending on your cellular carrier. Verizon works the best. Free Wifi is available.
- Please be mindful of wearing strong fragrances, as others may have a sensitivity to them.
- We burn wood for heat so if you have an adversity to fire please let us know.
From 90, take the Taconic southbound down to Exit 99 (Chatham - Rt. 203) Head East on Rt. 203 and take the immediate left after North Bound Taconic onto South Cross Road. Then take South Cross Road to Loomis Road (First right).
We are at the top of the hill of Loomis Road on the right and there is a black mailbox and a rock marked 160.
Hotels (All listed prices are season dependent)
Airbnb is a great local option
Cheapest and closest ($60-80 and only miles away)
Corporate ($85-150 and 12-20 miles away)
Hudson ($100-200 and 12 miles away)
BnB and Inns ($100-300)
By Registering For This Training, You Acknowledge And Agree To The Following:
- Your presence at the entire training is required at all sessions, on video, as an attendance verification. No partial credit can be awarded.
- Technological Requirements: Attendance at all live sessions on the indicated dates is mandatory for completion of this course. By registering for these trainings, you acknowledge that you meet the technological requirements needed to participate. If you require technical assistance, you are required to reach out to your instructor at least one week prior to the start of training.
- Additional Reading Requirements: Please take note of the EMDR Therapy Training Reading List. EMDRIA requires that you purchase and read Francine Shapiro's Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition: Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures, which is available for purchase at Amazon and other retailers.
- Refund/Cancellation Policy: You have read and agree to ICM's Organizational Policies, which stipulate the terms for refunds, cancellations, and resolving grievances and disputes.
- Consultation: The EMDRIA-required 10 consultation hours are not included in cost of online training. We structure our program so that you are able to work with any of our ICM approved consultants or consultants in training for consultation hours to supplement the online training. Our consultant represent a wide range of specialties at a variety of price points. In the spirit of ICM's mission, emphasizing trauma-focused care and tailoring the most effective program for our individual trainees, we believe choice of consultant is important to the overall learning experience.
- Payment: Purchase of this training is broken into two payments of $675.00 USD, with the first being due at time of purchase and the second one month later. Note that requests for refunds are governed by ICM's Organizational Policies.
- Professionalism: You will show up on time and be fully present for each session, acting in a professional manner. You will reach out to your faculty member or any assistants if any unexpected problems arise. Staying present for online learning can come with its unique set of challenges, and you agree to take full responsibility for addressing your needs in the area of grounding and self-care during the training. You agree to refrain from all alcohol and illicit drug use during the training and agree to speak with your faculty member or any assistant if you anticipate that your impairment due to prescribed medications might pose a problem during the training. The faculty and staff reserve the right to remove trainees at any time if trainee creates an unsafe or unprofessional environment for you or for other trainees, or for any other reason, at their sole discretion.
- Confidentiality: There is no client relationship or other privilege that would create a duty rising to the level of clinical confidentiality in this training setting; however, you are expected to respect the confidentiality of other trainees in the group, and your trainer will explain the importance of confidentiality. Trainees who observe a problem with another trainee are expected to bring the problem to the lead trainer or other training staff. Similarly, if a staff member observes an issue with professionalism, they reserve the right to discuss that issue with the lead trainer.
- Preparedness for Doing Your Own Work: Throughout the training, you will be expected to participate in a working practicum experience in the role of therapist, client, and observer. This means that you will be expected to do a small piece of your own, authentic clinical work. If you are currently in counseling or being treated for a mental health condition, it is recommended that you speak with your provider, alerting them that you are participating in the training. If you have received a major mental health diagnosis (past or present), you acknowledge that you are taking this training and engaging in this practicum at your own risk, and agree to alert faculty or training staff before or during the training if any complications arise. You acknowledge that everyone taking part in the practicum experience is new to EMDR therapy and agree to keep the space as safe as possible for all involved. If any problems arise, you agree to address them with faculty or staff members.
- You have read our EMDR Therapy Training information page prior to registering. Please also note that by taking the training in this online format, you will be required to pass a quiz following the second part of the training, per EMDRIA guidelines.
- Correspondence from Training Organization: The Institute for Creative Mindfulness regularly sends correspondence about the training, including an email confirmation at registration and several emails leading up to each training. The emails presently come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, The Institute for Creative Mindfulness may send out emails from email@example.com. If you are not receiving these emails, you are required to check your Spam folder as correspondence from new organizations often ends up there. Once you receive your first correspondence, please save the email to your address book. If you have not received a confirmation email or other correspondence from the organization within seven days of the event, it is your responsibility to reach out to us by email or phone.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.