Adam O'Brien LMHC, CASAC
- Ph.D Candidate in Addiction Studies
- Master of Science in Education (Mental Health Counseling)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC #6448)
- Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC# 29103)
- OASAS Approved DWI Evaluator
- OASAS Certified Education and Training Provider (#1218)
- EMDRIA EMDR Certified Therapist
- EMDRIA Approved Consultant and EMDR Trainer
- Brainspotting Certified
- Progressive Counting Trained
- Mindfulness facilitator
- Certified Anger Management Specialist (CAMS-II)
- Certified Expressive Arts Therapist
- Psychedelic Integration
- Deep Brain Reorienting Trained
- Neurofeedback (ISF)
Certified Trauma Therapist for children, adolescents, and adults through the Trauma Institute and Child Trauma Institute
EMDRIA Approved Consultant/Trainer and Adjunct Faculty with The Institute for Creative Mindfulness
I provide trauma resolution therapies for a variety of mental health issues. These include addictions (chemical and behavioral), PTSD, dissociation (DDNOS/DID), pre-verbal traumas, panic, anxieties, depression, grief, anger, attachment, ADD/ADHD, relational discord, psychedelic integration, and developmental or spiritual life conflicts issues. I also provide consultations and psycho-education/trainings for individuals, families, agencies, organizations, and communities.
Experienced in working with children, adolescents, adults, first responders, military, and victims of crime.
Addictions: substance, eating, sexual, gambling, shopping, internet, and exercise.
Culturally sensitive and competent.